Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome


I suppose the title of this blog might be a bit misleading.  Love and Other Chemically Induced Fantasies.

First, from this title, it might be construed that I am a user of illegal substances.  This is not that case.  I've actually never touched any drugs in my life (though, I have been exposed to them, and around them.  I think it's impossible to avoid exposure in this day and age).  The closest I come to drug abuse is migraine medication that my neurologist prescribes.

Another misrepresentation of this blog's title might occur if one were to think that I take a cynical stance on issues of love.  This is also not the case.  Like anyone else in the world, I've been burned by love in the past, and felt the exhilarating oneness that can only come from a true partnership with one you love.  Either way though, love will only be a side topic to this blogs main purpose (if it is mentioned at all).

The question that remains then is: what is the purpose of this blog?

Difficult to answer, would be the response to that question.  A review of books that I read and video games that I play?  A place for me to bitch about the injustices of the world?  A place to compile collections of creepypasta (of which, I am a major fan)?  I'm not sure.  However, I do feel as though I need a place to put pen to paper (so to speak) and jot down my thoughts, if for no other reason than the catharsis one gets by putting their deepest, darkest secrets out for the world to see.

The only remaining question would be, just who is your host through this journey of the mind?  My name is Cliff.  I'm the father of 3 beautiful boys (one is 7, one almost 4, the other almost 2), and 3 girl (the eldest is 12...though I don't get to see her often, the others are 9 and 5).  I'm currently mostly unemployed (though, I do have a residual income from past activities), and I have recently applied to graduate school.  I'm probably not entirely sane, but then who is these days?  I'm also not amoral, nor perverse in my morality.  I'm sure you'll get to know me better as time goes on.

Adieu.

9 comments:

~JS said...

Followed:)

Nice to see someone somewhat moral every now and then.



http://3sports-js.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Love the title. Looking forward to seeing more posts.

ramblingsofajoblesscollegestudent.blogspot.com

Jon Gaskins said...

hmmm what is the purpose of this blog..that is the question :D

Zoxii said...

You interest me. I wish the best for you and hope that graduate school goes well for you!

doingitwrong said...

interesting concepts -- following!

The Wyrdrem said...

I don't even know what to say about this. I guess I'll have to see how it develops. Followed

Drew said...

Hey! Helping you out and following!

If you could help me out as well, I'm promoting Progressive Rock/Metal that I write/record.

musingcomposer.blogspot.com

Just trying to get the word out!
Peace bro.

tune a fish said...

I think i am more confused about the purpose of this blog after reading it then before reading it.......

KUSHtunes said...

I only drink and smoke. Smoke errrday